…New COVID-19 guidelines take effect from June 2
The Presidential task force on COVID-19 has released new COVID-19 guidelines which shall become effective as from tomorrow, June 2.
The new COVID-19 guidelines take Nigeria into a more relaxed phase in the fight against COVID-19 after four weeks of phased easing and a month of total lockdown.
The new guidelines are as follows:
- Nationwide curfew remains in place, timing now 10p.m. to 4a.m. The former curfew was placed by 8p.m. to 6a.m. This was to ensure that citizens were indoors in time to avoid spread of the coronavirus.
- Full opening of financial sector, normal working hours.
- Restricted opening of places of worship, (regular church and mosque services ONLY), to be based on State Govt’s protocols.
- Interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods & essential travel.
- Gathering of greater than 20 persons remains prohibited; outside of workplaces and religious services.
- Aviation industry requested to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 12.
- Hotels to reopen but restaurants outside of hotels must remain closed for eat-in. TAKEAWAY to be served ONLY.
- Bars, gyms, cinemas, nightclubs, parks closed till further notice.
- Offices maintain 2m physical distancing and a maximum capacity of 75%.
Found this story useful? Share it.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.