…Osagie Ize-Iyamu set to clinch APC Governorship ticket
The All Progressives Party (APC) in Edo State has disqualified the incumbent Governor, Godwin Obaseki from contesting in the direct primary election of the party slated for June 22. It is now apparent that Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, an aspirant who has been receiving massive consensus support from the faction loyal to the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole will have free ride.
Here are 5 things to know about Ize-Iyamu, the biggest threat to Obaseki’s governorship re-election bid in Edo State.
1. He Will Be 58 A Day Before APC Primary: Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu was born on 21st June 1962. This means that he will be 58 years old on 21st June 2020 a day to the direct primary election in Edo where he will surely emerge the APC flag bearer for the Edo 2020 Governorship Election.
2. He Is Royalty: He was born to the family of late Chief Robert Osayande Ize-Iyamu (Esogban of the Benin Kingdom) and Mrs. Magdalene N. Ize-Iyamu, an enterprising businesswoman.
3. He Is A Trained Lawyer: He had all his education in Edo State. He attended Ebenezer Nursery and Primary School, Benin City where he had in Primary School Leaving Certificate in 1973. He proceeded to the state premier secondary school, Edo College in Benin City and finished in 1979.
He gained admission to study Law in the University of Benin in 1980, where he bagged honours is Law (LLB) in 1986. He went to the Law School to be called to Bar (BL) in 1987.
He also had Honourary Doctorate Degree in Public Administration from Benson Idahosa University in Benin City on 1st July, 2019.
4. He Was Former Governor Lucky Igbinedion’s Chief of Staff: Ize-Iyamu was the Chief of Staff during the administration of Lucky Igbiniedon as the Edo State governor from 1999-2003. He later was promoted to the position of Secretary to the State Government.
While in PDP, he was the Coordinator of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation. He also contested in the Edo State governorship election in 2016 under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In APC, he served as the Director-General of Adams Oshiomhole 2nd Term Campaign Organisation.
5. He Is A Father of Four: He is married to Pastor (Dr.) Idia Ize-Iyamu, a consultant Orthodontist at 5he University of Benin Teaching Hospital and Professor at the University of Benin, Benin City. They are blessed with four children.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.