Wizkid partners with other artistes in other parts of the world
Wizkid, real name Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun is a popular Nigerian hip hop singer.
The singer rose to fame in the year 2011 after he released his hit song titled Holla at Your Boy.
The singer started to record music when he was just 11 along with some other young talents.
They formed a group known as the Glorious Five.
Wizkid has performed in over 10 converts, won over 20 awards and was nominated for more than 15.
The singer has not relented in releasing hit tracks much to the amazement of his fans. He released various Afrobeat which includes; “Ojuelegba,” “One Dance,” “Tease Me/Bad Guys,” “Jaiye Jaiye,” and many others.
Here, we have provided 5 facts which you probably never knew about Wizkid:
1. Wizkid before his coming into limelight went by the stage name Lil Prinz. It was this name he went by when he was still recording music with his five-man group known as Glorious Five.
2. He has won over 15 awards and has been nominated for the same amount. Some of the awards which he won includes; “Grammy Awards,” “MTV Africa Music Awards,” “The Future Awards,” ‘Ghana Music Awards,” and many more.
3. He was once accused of impregnating an undergraduate known as Sola. Although the singer denied this accusation, he was later seen in a picture with a 2-year old boy which he posted on his social media handle.
4. Wizkid was the first Nigerian singer to have had over 1 million followers on Twitter in the year 2014.
5. Following the singer’s work with Drake, he got listed on the Billboard’s Twitter Last 24 hours charts. He was the first Nigerian artiste to have been listed on this chart.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.