Popular Reggae singer, Majek Fashek’s death throws fans into mourning
Majek Fashek, the legendary reggae singer, songwriter and actor exited the mother earth on Monday, 1st of June, 2020. Nigerians mourn his death which was made known to the public by his manager Omenka Uzoma on the singer’s Instagram handle on Tuesday.
Below are 5 things you possibly didn’t know about Majek Fashek:
1. His real name is Majekodunmi Fasheke. It was from this name that he coined his stage name with which he was popularly known as before his death.
2. He was formerly known as Rajesh Kanal. It was by this stage name that Fashek was called in the ’80s before he coined the new one, Majek Fashek.
3. He produced 4 studio albums before his death. These albums include Prisoner of Conscience, Spirit of Love, Rainmaker and Little Patience. These albums were produced in the year 1989, 1991,1997 and 2005 respectively.
4. Fashek once struggled with drug addiction. During the year 2015, it was said that Fashek was battling with drug addiction while at the same time bankrupt. It was this that made him resolve to gather money from any possible means in order to seek help. It was however stated that Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola took over the responsibility of covering Fashek’s medical expenses.
5. He was also popularly known as the rainmaker. This is not because he controls or sends down rain. He simply got the nickname after he released his most popular single Send Down The Rain.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.